Members of the public are invited to attend:
The Assembly Select Committee on Coastal Protection and Access to Natural Resources
“Coastal Monitoring: Ocean Changes and the California Coastline”
9 AM – 12 PM
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Room 447, State Capitol
Panelists will provide perspectives from the University of California, the California State University, state agencies, and non-governmental entities. The hearing will focus on long-term and statewide coastal monitoring efforts amongst the UC and CSU systems, how state entities use data, and citizen science monitoring.
Panelists attending include:
- Dr. Karina Neilsen – San Francisco State University
- Dr. James Lindholm – CSU Monterey Bay, Council on Ocean Affairs, Science and Technology
- Dr. Mark Carr – UC Santa Cruz
- Cyndi Dawson – Ocean Protection Council
- Dr. Selena McMillan – Reef Check California
- Dr. Pete Raimondi – Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
For agenda and panelist biographies, please view the event page here.